1. Provide best practices education and training in community and economic development for practitioners (chamber of commerce directors, local elected officials, planning and development district staff).
2. Create physical and virtual opportunities for networking and sharing successful applications of best practices
3. Provide direct assistance to selected communities for participants to apply the content taught at CDI Central and to strengthen the community.
1. Outcomes are demonstrated through the development of a series of CDI Central participant profiles documenting how the participant is applying CDI content to improve her or his community. Profiles are distributed through the CDI Central network and posted on the website.
2. Future qualitative assessment includes development of a series of community case studies, to include the communities for which CDI Central have conducted community assessments: Lake Providence, LA; Morrilton, AR and Clinton, AR