2018 AASCU Annual Meeting
Sunday, October 28, 2018 to Tuesday, October 30, 2018
theme—"Championing State Colleges and Universities: Our Role in Delivering
—highlights how America’s state colleges and universities
have long demonstrated a steadfast commitment to the core values that define
our sector: access, opportunity, quality and affordability. However, the
ever-changing public perception of higher education, and the perpetual question
of the value of a college degree, mean now more than ever presidents and
chancellors must define and advance our collective mission to Deliver America’s
About the Conference
America’s state colleges and universities have long demonstrated a steadfast commitment to the core values that define our sector: access, opportunity, quality and affordability. But with the ever-changing public perception of higher education—and the perpetual question of the value of a college degree—now more than ever, today’s presidents and chancellors must define and advance our collective mission to Deliver America’s Promise.
AASCU’s 2018 Annual Meeting will focus on the president’s role in championing our institutions; explore how today’s leaders can reclaim our narrative in American higher education; and offer strategies and resources to better communicate the enduring value of our mission so that together, we can continue to ensure Opportunities for All.
AASCU’s Annual Meeting will provide participants the opportunity to engage with topical experts and colleagues in exploring how to be effective in the new leadership landscape.
President, Sam Houston State University (Texas)
Chair, AASCU 2018 Board of Directors
||Before September 1
||After September 1
|AASCU Penson Associates
Registration Information top
Register and pay online
Reminder: Spouses and Partners attending the meeting must also register. Register one individual at a time.
Contact Felicia Durham at
email@example.com or call her at (202) 478-4673 if you have any questions.
The Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown
2401 M St NW
Washington, DC 20037
Located in Washington’s fashionable West End and adjacent to historic Georgetown, the newly renovated Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown welcomes guests in capital style. With a sunlit urban courtyard that soothes the spirit, the Fairmont is the perfect hotel for business or leisure travel. Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown is known for its engaging service and stylish surroundings. A relaxing visit to our hotel's fitness center, indoor pool and serene courtyard also provide guests with an array of rejuvenating experiences. The finest meeting space, accommodations and personal service will draw you back to our four-diamond, luxury Washington, D.C., hotel's accommodations time and again.
This year to minimize the cost of staying in D.C., AASCU is making the hotel reservations as a block. This will save participants the 14.8% D.C. sales tax (approximately $47.21 per night). AASCU staff will book all hotel reservations received by Friday, September 28, and will follow up to confirm three to five days after requests are received. Please contact Ms. Durham at 202-478-4673 should you have questions.
- If you wish to book before or after AASCU’s room block of October 25-November 2 or wish to upgrade your room type at a higher rate, please contact Danita Young or Felicia Durham directly for assistance 202-478-4677 or 202-478-4673.
- Once reservations are confirmed, members will receive information on how to submit credit cards to pay their hotel accommodations. Reservations must be canceled by 8 p.m. (E.T.) September 27 to avoid loss of the first night’s deposit.
- Indicate any disability-related requirements or special preferences when requesting your reservation. We will work with The Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown’s reservations department to accommodate your requests.
The closest airports to Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown are:
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) - 5 miles/15 minute
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) - 26 miles/35 minute
- Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) - 35 miles/45 minutes
Cancellation & Refund Policytop
All reservations received by the hotel, AASCU and its representative(s) are confirmed as “guaranteed”.
Any reservation canceled after September 28 and prior to October 11 shall be charged one night’s room ($319.00). In the event an attendee wishes to cancel a reservation, the deposit (one night’s room) is refundable if notice is received prior to September 28 and a cancellation number is obtained.
Cancelations will also incur the following fees:
- Member President/Chancellor will incur a $300/$400 cancellation fee
- Spouses/Partners will incur a $150/$200 cancellation fee
- Former Presidents/Chancellors, Affiliate Members and their spouse/partner will incur a $150/$200 cancellation fee
Due to pre-program preparations, cancellations received after 5 p.m. Eastern Time on Thursday, October 11, 2018, including no-shows,* are not eligible for refunds (including optional events/meals).